Total Time: 20 minutes
- 2 TBSP unsalted butter
- 1 medium yellow onion, peeled and diced
- 1 medium green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 3 cups corn kernels (about 4 ears)
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 TBSP freshly chopped parsley
- Melt the butter in a dutch oven or skillet over medium-high heat. When the butter is melted and hot add the yellow onion and bell pepper. Cook, stirring often, until vegetables are tender, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 10 seconds. Stir in the corn, heavy cream, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened and heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Take off the heat and stir in the crushed red pepper, green onion, and parsley.