Mini Shish Tawook Skewers
Broiled Lebanese marinated chicken kabobs served with a traditional garlic dipping sauce.
total time: 8 hours 30 minutes
recipe by: Rae
- 12 oz chicken breast boneless, skinless, cut into 12 1-inch by 2-inch chunks
- juice from 1/2 a lemon
- 2 TBSP plain yogurt
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- pinch thyme
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- dash salt
- pinch black pepper
- 12 4-inch bamboo skewers
- Toum Dipping Sauce:
- 2 TBSP fresh garlic, chopped
- 2 TBSP lemon juice
- 2 TBSP cold water
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup peanut oil, cold (or other flavorless oil)
- Combine all the ingredients for the kabobs in a small dish and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade, place chicken on a broiler-proof baking dish. Sprinkle with a bit of salt.
- Heat the broiler and cook the chicken, until well browned and the chicken reaches 165 degrees F internal temperature.
- Insert the skewers through the chicken and serve with the dipping sauce.
- For the dipping sauce (Toum): Place the garlic, lemon juice, cold water, and salt in a mug or glass. Use an immersion blender and blend until smooth. Slowly drizzle in the oil while the motor is running on the immersion blender, blending to a thick mayonnaise like consistency.