Pumpkin and Sage Pasta with Ground Pork
Penne pasta tossed in a savory pork and sage pumpkin sauce.
total time: 30 minutes
recipe by: Frankie
- 1 pound penne pasta
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp dried sage
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 15 ounces pumpkin puree
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- freshly grated Parmesan cheese for serving
- Begin boiling water for your pasta. Cook pasta according to package directions, drain the pasta reserving 3/4 cup of the pasta water.
- Add the pork to a dutch oven or large pan over medium-high heat. Cook the pork, breaking it up as it cooks, until no longer pink, about 6 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic, paprika, sage, cayenne, and 1 tsp salt and cook while stirring for about 1 minute.
- Reduce the heat to low and stir in the pumpkin puree and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Stir in the cooked pasta and the 3/4 cup of reserved pasta water then season with additional salt & pepper to taste.
- Serve topped with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.