Slow Cooker Stuffed Peppers
An easy to make recipe for stuffed peppers in the slow cooker.
total time: Active: 20 minutes Inactive: 4 hours
recipe by: Rae
- 4 bell peppers, tops and seeds removed (dice the tops, discard the seeds)
- 1 TBSP oil
- 1/2 lb lean ground beef
- 1 cup yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- pinch black pepper
- 1 TBSP tomato paste
- 4 TBSP water
- 1 TBSP basil, chopped
- 2 cup cooked rice
- 4 slices Provolone cheese
- 1/3 cup water
- Heat the oil in a 12 inch non-stick pan and brown the beef over medium heat.
- Add the diced pepper tops, onion, garlic, kosher salt, black pepper to the pan and stir together. Cook for 5 minutes over medium-low until the onions and peppers are softened.
- Add the tomato paste and water and cook until thickened, about 3-5 minutes on medium-low.
- Turn off the heat and add the basil and rice, stir together.
- Fill the prepared peppers with the mix and nestle into the slower cooker. Top with provolone cheese, tucking all the cheese into the pepper. Pour the water into the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4 hours.