Spaghetti Aglio e Olio
A classic Italian pasta dish consisting of spaghetti tossed with garlic, olive oil, and parsley.
total time: 25 minutes
recipe by: Frankie
- 1 pound uncooked spaghetti
- kosher salt & freshly ground pepper
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 6 medium garlic cloves, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped parsley
- freshly grated Parmesan cheese for serving
- Bring a large pot of water and 1/2 tsp salt to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook the spaghetti, stirring occasionally, until al dente (firm to the bite), about 10 minutes or according to package directions. Drain the pasta, reserving about 1/2 cup of the pasta water, and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large saute pan over medium heat. Add the garlic slices and cook, while stirring, until the garlic is lightly browned and fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Take the pan off the heat. Add the cooked spaghetti and parsley to the pan and toss to coat. Add some of the reserved pasta water until its a desired consistency. Season with salt & freshly ground pepper to taste and serve with freshly grated Parmesan.