Sun-Dried Tomato Basil Hummus with Pita Chips
Garbanzo beans, roasted garlic, and lemon juice pureed with sun-dried tomatoes and fresh basil served with homemade pita chips.
total time: 30 minutes
recipe by: Rae
- 1 cup garbanzo beans
- 3 TBSP water
- 4 TBSP olive oil
- 1 TBSP lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- dash crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 sun-dried tomatoes
- 6-8 fresh basil leaves
- 2 cloves roasted garlic
- 5 pita pocket bread
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- pinch kosher salt
- To make the hummus put all the ingredients in a food processor and puree until smooth. Add a bit more water if necessary for smoothing out the texture. Taste and season if needed.
- For the chips cut the pitas into 8 wedges and then separate the top and bottom.
- In a small bowl mix the oil and smoked paprika.
- Brush each piece of pita with the seasoned oil on both sides. Put the chips on a wire rack over a baking sheet. Sprinkle with the kosher salt.
- Bake 375 degrees F for 10-12 minutes, or until crisp. Allow chips to cool completely on the baking sheet.
- Serve the chips with the hummus.
sun-dried recipestomato recipesbasil recipeshummus recipespita recipeschips recipesappetizers recipes30-minutes-or-less recipesdairyfree recipeseasy recipesvegan recipesvegetarian recipeschickpeas recipesdip recipes