Black Bean and Mango Salad
Black beans and fresh mango tossed in a orange ginger dressing.
total time: 9 hours 30 minutes
recipe by: Frankie
- 1 cup dried black beans
- zest and juice from 1 large orange
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 2 tsp freshly minced ginger
- salt & pepper
- 2 large mangoes, chopped
- Rinse the black beans thoroughly then place the beans in a large bowl and cover with about 2-inches of water. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for at least 8 hours.
- Drain and rinse the beans then place them in a large pot and cover with about 2-inches of water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat then reduce the heat to medium-low, cover the pot and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the beans are tender, 60 to 75 minutes. Drain the beans then rinse them under cold water and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together the orange zest, orange juice, olive oil, ginger, 1/4 tsp salt, and 1/8 tsp pepper.
- Add the beans and mango to the bowl with the dressing and stir to combine.
- Taste and season with additional salt & pepper if necessary.
black recipesbean recipesmango recipessalad recipesdairyfree recipesfruit recipesglutenfree recipesvegan recipesvegetarian recipeslegumes recipessalads recipes