Indian Cucumber Salad (Koshimbir)
Fresh cucumbers tossed with toasted cumin seeds, roasted peanuts, and chopped cilantro, in spicy green chile oil.
total time: 20 minutes
recipe by: Rae
- 1 large seedless cucumber
- 1 TBSP roasted peanut oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds, lightly crushed in a mortar and pestle
- 1/4-1 whole serrano chile, sliced in half lengthwise
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp granulated garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp granulated onion powder
- 2 TBSP roasted, ground peanuts
- 2 TBSP chopped cilantro
- Peel the cucumber and chop into roughly 1/2-inch pieces. Pace the chopped cucumber in a medium size bowl.
- In a small saucepan heat the oil over medium-high heat, add the crushed cumin seeds and allow to sizzle for about 30 seconds, while stirring, add the chile pepper and cook for 30 seconds more.
- Pour the oil over the cucumbers and add the salt, garlic powder, onion powder, peanuts, and cilantro and toss together coating the cumbers well. Discard the serrano pepper.
indian recipescucumber recipessalad recipeskoshimbir recipes30-minutes-or-less recipeseasy recipesglutenfree recipesspicy recipesvegetable recipesvegan recipesvegetarian recipessalads recipes