Black Bean and Corn Salad
A black bean and corn salad with avocado, red onion, bell pepper, and jalapeno tossed in a spicy lime vinaigrette.
total time: 10 hours
recipe by: Frankie
- 1 cup dried black beans
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 TBSP freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- salt & pepper
- 2 cups fresh corn kernels
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and diced
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup freshly chopped cilantro
- Rinse the black beans thoroughly then place the beans in a large bowl and cover with about 2-inches of water. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for at least 8 hours.
- Drain and rinse the beans then place them in a pot and cover with about 2-inches of water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat then reduce the heat to medium-low, cover the pot and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the beans are tender, 60 to 75 minutes. Drain the beans then rinse them under cold water and set aside.
- In a small bowl whisk together the olive oil, lime juice, garlic, paprika, cumin, cayenne, and 1/4 tsp salt until well combined then set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl add the beans, corn, avocado, jalapeno, bell pepper, onion, and cilantro. Toss to combine then drizzle the lime dressing over top and toss again. Taste salad and season with salt & pepper if necessary.
black recipesbean recipescorn recipessalad recipesdairyfree recipesglutenfree recipesvegan recipesvegetarian recipeslegumes recipesmexican recipessalads recipessides recipes