Servings: 2 to 4
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 3 medium zucchini
- 3 TBSP soy sauce
- 2 TBSP sesame oil
- 2 tsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 tsp dry sherry
- 1/4 cup garlic chili paste
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 1 TBSP cornstarch
- 12 ounces of boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 TBSP cooking oil
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup crushed dry roasted peanuts
- In a large bowl make a marinade by combining the soy sauce, sesame oil, vinegar, sherry, chili paste, ginger, HALF the green onions, and the cornstarch. Stir until the cornstarch has dissolved.
- Cut the chicken into 1/2 inch cubes and place into the bowl with the sauce. Stir to make sure all the chicken is coated in the marinade, let sit for 10 minutes.
- Cut the ends off the zucchini. Using a vegetable peeler, peel long ribbons of zucchini. Stack the zucchini ribbons and cut them lengthwise to form long thin strips. Or if you have a spiralizer use it and save some time.
- Heat the oil over medium-high in a wok or large pan.
- Add the chicken and marinade to the pan and cook, stirring occasionally, until cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Add the zucchini, bell pepper and red pepper flakes to the pan and cook, stirring occasionally, about 2 more minutes.
- Serve topped with the crushed peanuts and remaining green onion.