4 slices thick cut bacon, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 lb Pappardelle pasta
1 cup half & half
1/2 cup chicken broth
1 cup freshly grated Parmesan
salt & pepper
Total Time: 30 minutes
1. In a dutch oven or large pan cook the bacon over medium heat until crispy, around 7 minutes. Place cooked bacon on a paper towel and discard all but 2 TBSP of bacon fat from the pan.
2. Begin cooking your pasta making sure to reserve 1 cup of the pasta water before draining.
3. Rinse the leeks and using only the white and light green parts, cut in half lengthwise and then into slices.
4. Cook the leeks in the pan with the bacon fat over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until slightly browned, about 10 minutes.
5. Stir in the garlic and cook for 30 seconds or until fragrant.
6. Pour in the half & half, broth and 1/4 tsp black pepper. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer about 7 minutes or until thick.
7. Take off the heat and add the cooked pasta. Add the cooked bacon into the pan along with the Parmesan cheese. Toss to combine adding as much of the reserved pasta water to your liking. Add salt and pepper to taste.