Penne pasta tossed with fresh vegetables, lemon juice, and freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
total time: 30 minutes
recipe by: Frankie
- 1 pound penne pasta
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 2 bell peppers, cut into strips
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch thick semicircles
- 10 ounces cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 ounce freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped parsley
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain the pasta reserving 1/4 cup of the pasta water and set aside.
- Heat the 2 TBSP of olive oil to the now empty pot over medium-high heat.
- Add the bell peppers, zucchini, tomatoes, garlic, 1 tsp salt, and 1/4 tsp black pepper to the pot. Cook, stirring often, for about 2 minutes.
- Stir in the cooked pasta, lemon juice, and the 1/4 cup of reserved pasta water until well combined.
- Take the pot off the heat and stir in the Parmesan, crushed red pepper, and parsley.
- Taste the pasta and season with additional salt & pepper if needed.
pasta recipesprimavera recipes30-minutes-or-less recipesbudget-friendly recipeseasy recipesvegetable recipesmain_dishes recipes