Suya Beef Meatballs
Baked ground beef meatballs made with a homemade Nigerian spice blend called suya.
total time: 40 minutes
recipe by: Frankie
- 1/2 cup roasted peanuts
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup dried breadcrumbs
- lime wedges for serving
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Add the peanuts to a food processor and pulse the peanuts until theyre finely ground (Dont pulse them too long or youll end up with a paste).
- Mix together the ground peanuts, ginger, garlic, onion, paprikas, salt, and cayenne in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the ground beef, egg, and breadcrumbs to the large mixing bowl then use your hands to combine with the spice mix.
- Use your hands to roll the beef mixture into balls roughly 2-inches in diameter then place them on the parchment paper lined baking sheet at least 1-inch apart from each other.
- Bake the meatballs in the preheated oven for about 15 minutes or until cooked through.
- Take the meatballs out of the oven and let sit for 5 minutes then serve the meatballs with the lime wedges.
nigerian recipesafrican recipessuya recipesbeef recipesmeatballs recipesdairyfree recipesspicy recipesground recipesappetizers recipesmain_dishes recipes