A French/Spanish stew type sauce made up of onion, peppers, tomatoes, and garlic that can accommodate eggs, meats or breads.
total time: 30 minutes
recipe by: Frankie
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, roughly chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, roughly chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, roughly chopped
- 3 medium garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 4 roma tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in a saute pan over medium heat.
- Add the onion to the pan and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion softens, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the bell peppers and garlic and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 more minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes, cayenne, 1/2 tsp salt, and 1/4 tsp black pepper and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, for about 15 minutes.
- Take off the heat and season with salt & freshly ground black pepper to taste.