Total Time: 2 hours 15 minutes
- 3 large eggs
- 1 ounce cubed Italian bread
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 TBSP red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground fennel seed
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 ounce freshly chopped baby spinach leaves
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Place 3 eggs in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. When the water begins boiling turn off the heat and cover the pan. Allow the eggs to sit in the covered pan for 10 minutes.
- Rinse the eggs under cold water until cool enough to handle then gently peel the eggs and set aside.
- Place the bread cubes in a large mixing bowl. Add the milk and mash together, let sit 5 minutes or until bread soaks up most of the milk.
- Add the ground beef, ground pork, beaten egg, vinegar, oregano, basil, garlic, onion, salt, black pepper, fennel, and crushed red pepper to the bowl and use your hands to mix thoroughly.
- Divide the meat mixture in half. Set out a large piece of aluminum foil and make two rectangles with the meat mixture each roughly 5x8x1-inches.
- Line the hard boiled eggs down the center of one of the meat rectangles lengthwise. Divide the spinach in half and put a line of spinach on each side of the eggs. Sprinkle the parmesan cheese on top of the lines of spinach. Place the other beef rectangle on top to cover the filling and pinch all the sides to seal. Use your hands to form into a large rectangle meatloaf making sure the eggs are fully covered. Wrap the meatloaf tightly with the aluminium foil then refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Remove the meatloaf from the fridge. Remove the aluminium foil from the meatloaf and place the meatloaf on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Bake the meatloaf, uncovered, in the preheated oven until cooked through, about 1 hour.
- Take the meatloaf out of the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes before slicing.