Ricotta Pesto Pasta Salad
Whole wheat rotini pasta tossed in a pesto sauce made up of spinach, walnuts, and ricotta cheese.
total time: 30 minutes
recipe by: Frankie
- 1 pound whole wheat rotini pasta
- 6 ounces baby spinach leaves
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- salt and freshly grated black pepper
- Cook the pasta according to package directions.
- Drain the pasta then transfer to a large mixing bowl and set aside.
- Add the spinach, walnuts, garlic, and Parmesan to a food processor and blend into a paste.
- Transfer the spinach paste to a separate bowl then stir in the olive oil, ricotta, 1/2 tsp salt, and 1/4 tsp pepper until well combined.
- Stir the ricotta pesto in with the cooked pasta until well combined.
- Taste and season with additional salt & pepper if needed then cover and refrigerate until ready to eat.
ricotta recipespesto recipespasta recipessalad recipes30-minutes-or-less recipeseasy recipesitalian recipessalads recipesmain_dishes recipessides recipes