Slow Cooker Black Bean Soup
An easy black bean soup puree made in your slow cooker.
total time: 7 hours 15 minutes
recipe by: Frankie
- 1 pound dry black beans, sorted and rinsed thoroughly
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, chopped
- 2 Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 3 medium garlic cloves, chopped
- 6 cups water
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 TBSP chili powder
- salt & pepper
- For Serving:
- diced avocado
- sour cream
- Add the beans, onion, peppers, tomatoes, garlic, water, cumin, and chili powder to a slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Place the lid on the slow cooker and cook on HIGH for about 7 hours or until beans are very tender.
- Puree the soup using an immersion blender, or use a stand blender and work in batches, until the soup is smooth.
- Stir in 1 tsp salt then taste and season with additional salt & pepper if necessary.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and serve soup topped with diced avocado and sour cream.