Total Time: 30 minutes
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup brown lentils
- 2 ribs of celery, diced
- 1/2 cup sliced pimento stuffed green olives
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup diced cucumber
- 1/2 cup diced bell pepper
- 1/4 cup diced radish
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Lemon Garlic Dressing:
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 large cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- 1/4 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp Freshly ground pepper
- Rinse the lentils under cold water then add them to a pot with the 4 cups of water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, lentils should be tender but not mushy.
- Drain the lentils and rinse under cold water.
- Whisk the Lemon Garlic Dressing ingredients together in a bowl.
- Put the cooked lentils in a large mixing bowl along with the vegetables, feta and half of the dressing. Toss to combine, taste and add more dressing to your liking, toss again.
- Serve at room temperature or refrigerate and serve cold.