A Filipino stew made of ground pork, vegetables, and tomatoes served with hard boiled eggs and steamed rice.
total time: 1 hour
recipe by: Frankie
- STEAMED RICE:
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 4 large eggs
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 yellow onion, small chopped
- 4 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 2 TBSP soy sauce
- 1 TBSP fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and diced
- 6 ounce russet potato, peeled and diced
- salt & pepper
- STEAMED RICE:
- Add the rice and water to a medium size saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Cover the pan with a tight fitting lid and reduce the heat to low. DO NOT REMOVE THE LID. Simmer over low heat for 10 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and let the rice sit for 15 minutes more minutes. DO NOT REMOVE THE LID.
- Place the eggs in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. When water starts to boil cover the pan and turn off the heat. Let eggs sit for 10 minutes. Drain the eggs and rinse under cold water. Peel the hard-boiled eggs then place them in a large serving bowl and set aside.
- Heat a dutch oven over medium-high heat then add the pork, onion, and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally while breaking up the pork, for about 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and cook, stirring occasionally while breaking up the tomatoes, for about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the soy sauce, lime juice, water, carrot, and potatoes and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until stew thickens and vegetables are tender, 15 to 20 more minutes.
- Season the stew with salt & pepper to taste. Pour the stew into the bowl over the hard-boiled eggs then serve with the steamed rice on the side.
pork recipesginiling recipesdairyfree recipesglutenfree recipesground recipesfilipino recipesmain_dishes recipes