Roasted Chicken Thighs and Potatoes
Seasoned chicken thighs and gold potatoes roasted in the oven.
total time: 45 minutes
recipe by: Frankie
- 4 bone-in skin-on chicken thighs
- 1 pound gold potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 TBSP garlic powder
- 1 TBSP paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 3 TBSP plus 1 TBSP olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- In a large bowl mix the garlic powder, paprika, salt, pepper and 3 TBSP of the oil until well combined.
- Place the chicken and potatoes in the bowl and stir together until the chicken nd potatoes are well coated in oil and spices.
- Spread the potatoes onto the foil lined baking sheet and place in the preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- While the potatoes are in the oven put the remaining 1 TBSP oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat until oil is hot.
- Add the chicken thighs skin-side down and cook for about 4 minutes or until skin is browned and crispy, flip chicken over and turn off the heat.
- When the potatoes have been in the oven for the 10 minutes place the chicken thighs skin-side up on the baking sheet with the potatoes.
- Roast the chicken and potatoes in the oven for about 25 minutes or until the potatoes are tender and the chicken registers an internal temperature of 165°F.