Total Time: 45 minutes
- 1 TBSP unsalted butter
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 rib of celery, diced
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 large (about 1 1/2 pounds) sweet potatoes, peeled and cut in 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- salt & pepper
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Melt the butter in a dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add the carrots, celery, onion, potatoes, cayenne, 1 tsp salt, and 1/4 tsp pepper. Cook for about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the vegetable broth to the pot and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer about 1/3 of the soup to a blender and puree until smooth.
- Return the pureed soup back to the pot with the rest of the soup. Cook, stirring occasionally, about 3 minutes.
- Slowly stir in the heavy cream. Increase heat to medium and cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the corn and simmer until heated through and soup is desired consistency. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Ladle soup into bowls and serve garnished with green onion.