A Dutch dish consisting of boiled potatoes, carrots, and onion mashed and mixed with milk and butter.
total time: 30 minutes
recipe by: Frankie
- 1 1/2 pounds russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 8 ounces carrots, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- salt & pepper
- 4 TBSP unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- Add the potatoes, carrot, and onion to a large pot. Cover the vegetables with water then stir in 1/2 tsp salt and bring to a boil over high heat.
- When water begins to boil place a lid on the pot. Reduce the heat to medium and cook until the vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Drain the vegetables in a colander then place the drained vegetables in a large bowl and set aside.
- Add the butter and milk to the now empty pot over medium-low heat. Simmer while stirring until the butter has melted and the milk is warmed through, about 2 minutes.
- Pour the milk and butter in the bowl with the vegetables then stir in 1/2 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper.
- Use a potato masher to mash the vegetables well.
- Taste and season with additional salt & pepper if necessary.
dutch recipeshutspot recipes30-minutes-or-less recipeseasy recipesglutenfree recipesvegetable recipesvegetarian recipessides recipes