Ginger Deviled Eggs
An Asian-style deviled egg made with fresh ginger and topped with crushed red pepper flakes.
total time: 25 minutes
recipe by: Frankie
- 6 large eggs
- 3 TBSP mayonnaise
- 1 tsp freshly minced ginger
- 1/4 tsp rice vinegar
- 1/2 tsp soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- Place the eggs in a large saucepan and cover with cold water.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Once the water begins boiling cover the saucepan and turn off the heat. Let sit covered for 10 minutes.
- Rinse the eggs under cold water then peel the eggs and discard the shell.
- Cut the eggs in half lengthwise then scoop out the yolks and place the yolks in a mixing bowl along with the mayonnaise, ginger, vinegar, soy sauce. Use a fork to mash and stir until the mixture is thoroughly combined.
- Fill the hollowed egg halves with the filling using a small spoon.
- Sprinkle the top of the deviled eggs with the crushed red pepper flakes.
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
ginger recipesdeviled recipeseggs recipes30-minutes-or-less recipesbrunch recipesbudget-friendly recipesdairyfree recipeseasy recipesglutenfree recipesspicy recipesvegetarian recipesasian recipesappetizers recipes