White Bean Garlic Dip
Great Northern beans cooked until tender then pureed with garlic and mixed with olive oil, salt & pepper. Goes great with pita chips, bread, crackers, and/or veggies.
total time: 1 hour 40 minutes
recipe by: Frankie
- 1 cup dried Great Northern beans
- 4 medium garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/4 cup olive oil plus a little extra
- salt & pepper
- optional: Greek Pita Bread for serving
- Rinse the beans thoroughly under cold water then put them into a medium-size saucepan.
- Cover the beans with at least 3-inches of water and bring to a boil over high heat.
- When the water begins to boil, place a lid on the pan and reduce the heat to medium-low. Simmer over medium-low heat until the beans are tender, about 90 minutes.
- Drain the beans then add them to a food processor along with the garlic, and 2 TBSP water. Process the beans in the food processor until smooth.
- Scrape the beans into a large bowl. Stir in the olive oil, 1/2 tsp salt, and 1/4 tsp pepper until well combined.
- Taste and stir in additional salt & pepper if necessary then drizzle a little extra olive oil on top.
white recipesbean recipesgarlic recipesdip recipesdairyfree recipeseasy recipesglutenfree recipesvegan recipesvegetarian recipeslegumes recipesgreek recipesmediterranean recipesappetizers recipes